Updated: Jul 18, 2021
Our personal moments of distress, let alone the current uneasy situation surrounding us at times, may put us under heavy pressures. To that, one should add our busy, often hectic, times in this modern era – away from the good old sources of solace and mental support we used to resort to in past days: family, community, nature, religion… In short, we sometimes find ourself somewhat fragile, in need of external support.
Have you ever thought of getting it from Galilee, the Holy Land's northern region?
Well, you would say, how?
Simple: You have in your hand a cotton sachet filled with a special blend of Galilee herbs grown in our organic herb gardens. You don't need to eat them, nor drink. Just smell them, and Galilee's aroma will find its way into your body and soul. The herbs are dried, but you will vigorously feel Galilee's natural freshness in there.
What is this aroma like? You may ask.
Well, each person feels it differently. Some would be reminded of a nearby wood after a rainy night; others may think of a heap of hay that has been recently cut; still others would sense particular herbs within the blend, such as sage or marjoram. It is a personal experience, a rewarding one, I can assure you.
(1) That is one of the five ways of help I was mentioning above: the immediate enjoyment of Galilee's natural scents, which will uplift your spirit. And, if the sachet in your hand carries a unique hand-decorated gold or silver artistic pattern, you enjoy that too. That is the case as well with the dove-theme silver bracelet or necklace that might accompany your sachet in some of our deals.
Next, you may find strength in three ways spiritually:
(2) Galilee is a unique region in the sense that it used to be a source of inspiration in various eras. It is the place where Christ started His eternal teaching mission and where His devoted disciples came from. Just imagine Christ walking the trail from Nazareth down to the Sea of Galilee, smelling on His way the same scent you are smelling now.
Galilee is also the homeland of the Jewish mystical philosophy – Kabbalah – and many Jewish sages lived and studied there. You can imagine the 16th-century Holy Ari praying to God and meditating in the field near the town of Zefat, amidst these marvelous scentful herbs.
(3) the sachet in your hand is eco-dyed with natural colors derived from bark, leaves, fruits, acorns and petals of Galilee trees and shrubs that represent qualities such as resilience (oak) or abundance (pomegranate). The sachets' hand-decorated gold and silver patterns also represent such qualities.
(4) smelling these Galilee herbs creates an immediate strong bond between you and Nature, which is something most of us miss nowadays, and whisks your mind directly to Galilee's scenery.
The Sea of Galilee - a view from Mount of Beatitudes
(5) Finally, we have the practical dimension of help, closely connected to science. As you may know, these herbs contain specific natural agents, chief among them being Thymol, that guard them against pests. Such agents provide these herbs with anti-microbial and anti-viral qualities that have been popularly known for ages.
It is good, therefore, to smell them from time to time (not recommended for use by pregnant or breastfeeding women) or just put the sachet in your closet or kitchen cupboard (after cleaning these places first) in order to fend off bad odors and keep insects away. You can hang it in your car too.
So, start enjoying your scented sachet right now: feel it in your hand, crush it a little, and then smell it. It's your time-out moment on your busy day, a personal gift for yourself and for your beloved ones.